A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Thursday, October 06, 2005

A fervent prayer

Oh Lord,

I ask your intercession on Saturday, when my beloved Sooners play the minions of Satan Texas Longhorns. It's been a good ride, Lord, the last five or so years, but I am not ready to let go. I cannot wear the Texas Longhorns shirt to school next week. It would cause cellular decomposition equivalent to matter meeting anti-matter. The assistant principal from Texas is savoring the anticipated moment of triumph. I will buy him the barbeque, Lord, but the longhorn shirt! Spare me!

Saturday. The Cotton Bowl. Be there.

Boomer sooner!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 10/8/05, 1:31 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Hope your team wins!

 
At 10/9/05, 9:13 PM, Blogger Jim Connolly said...

You have my sympathy. I felt the same way on Friday when my Red Sox lost.

 
At 10/10/05, 4:55 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Yes, today was a hard day. I was greeted by a big orange text email, gloating. I will have to wear the shirt and order the barbeque later this week.

And what happened to the Red Sox? I was hoping for a little momentum. But then again, I'm a Cubs fan, so I'm used to disappointment and adversity. That helps with the whole teacher thing.

 
At 10/10/05, 8:49 PM, Blogger Mike in Texas said...

Well since I have a son at UT, guess I can't say I'm sorry.

 
At 10/11/05, 6:30 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

I forgive you, Mike. Blood is thicker than bloggers. Wello, at least you're not a Yankees fan :).

 
At 12/3/05, 3:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I trust you are watching the limbs of Satan whip Colordo - 70 to 3. At least Colordo held the score during the 4th quarter. However, Texas was playing all their reserves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics