A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Four!

Polski tagged me on Saturday with the Four Meme, and so here is the frightening truth:

Four Jobs I've Had:
Wedding musician
radio station board operator and recorder of commercials
Santa's elf and photographer
newspaper delivery person

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over:
Groundhog Day (ironic, no?)
The Quiet Man
The Princess Bride
Casablanca

Four Places I've Lived:
Oklahoma
Elsewhere
(That's it. I really hate moving.)

Four TV Shows I Love:
Northern Exposure
ER
King of the Hill
Commander in Chief

Four Places I've Vacationed:
Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan
southern Ireland
Utah/Arizona/New Mexico/Colorado
Jamaica

Four Places I Want to Visit/Vacation In: (thanks, Polski)
New Zealand/Australia
northwestern Ireland
Kenya
Tibet/India

Four of My Favorite Foods:
Thai food: Pla Nua- spicy beef!
Lebanese food: Chicken Tawook-- garlic!
Sushi, especailly ebi and dragon roll-- subtle!
Mexican: Chile Colorado

Four Blogs I Visit Daily:
EdWonk
Scheiss Weekly
World of Pig
Lots of teacher blogs that don't post daily, like Polski and Fred and Mike in Texas and Amerloc and k and graycie and an old soul and shut up and teach and you can see my compulsiveness now, can't you? You see it on my blogroll? I read it-- even if it pisses me off....

Four Places I'd Rather Be Right Now:
Hawai'i
Italy
England
Bahamas

Four Bloggers I Now Tag:
Queen of the Cottage at Life in the Mobile Learning Cottage
Writingsam at clean up on aisle life
Smithie
elementaryhistoryteacher at historyiselementary

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3/3/06, 4:18 PM, Blogger NYC Educator said...

I used to be a wedding musician. I hated it. It led me to think I'd be better off working, and that's one reason I became a teacher.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics