A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

You know who you are, idiot driver

Yeah, you.

The man in the Lexus reading the newspaper while driving. I came upon you as we were in the right turn lane this morning. You were stopped even though the light was green, and it took you a couple of minutes to move. I was trying to be in a Zen place on my way to a thirteen hour workday and didn't honk.

Then I pulled up beside you after you FINALLY woke up, turned the corner, and chose a stupid lane after a quarter mile of weaving back and forth. To see a newspaper business section propped up on your steering wheel as you go ten miles under the speed limit down the road.

You are a moron.

This is now two brushes with-- Lexuses? Lexi?-- under the command of a dope. I sense a pattern here. At least there wasn't an ice storm too.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 2/28/06, 7:05 PM, Blogger Dan Edwards said...

Ah yes, Lexus and other expensive automobiles driven by idiots.....such is the need for having an old clunker that can get their attention....like a '79 Olds or some other old, piece of crap that could dare threathen their beautiful, carefully engineered and GPSed vehicle......

 
At 2/28/06, 7:29 PM, Blogger Laura(southernxyl) said...

You were trying to be in a Zen place and didn't honk. I do that too, and one very effective way I have found to stay there is to sing hymns, especially old-fashioned ones from my childhood that we don't sing in church anymore, and try to remember as many of the verses as I can. "He's the Lily of the Valley, the Bright and Morning Star, He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul!"

 
At 2/28/06, 9:21 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

I just sang all of those recently for my dad before he passed-- "He Lives" and "Amazing Grace" and others.

 
At 2/28/06, 9:25 PM, Blogger Laura(southernxyl) said...

They are surprisingly comforting, aren't they?

 
At 3/2/06, 2:58 PM, Blogger graycie said...

Not that I'm beating a dead horse (or Lexus?, but you need my bazooka! I'm not playin' here -- you listenin' ta me?

(Be careful -- we like you too much to lose you.)

 
At 3/2/06, 4:19 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Thanks, graycie.

I now realize that action must be taken. Send me the bazooka Fed Ex. I'm ready.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics