A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, March 06, 2006

Movie Madness Monday: deja vu all over again

Here for your enjoyment is the third edition of Movie Madness Monday. Of course, you realize that I will go back after this edition and renumber my first three episodes as episodes IV, V, and VI just to be confusing.

Here’s how it works: Each Monday I will pick a movie and sprinkle in a few of my favorite quotes. You then stop your lurking and contribute a quote of your own, from the same movie, if possible. I will not tell you the name of the movie until Wednesday.

*****Wednesday Update: Yes, Polski, the movie isYOUNG FRANKENSTEIN!

And, just for you, Mr. Lawrence, I agree about Terri Garr:

Please keep posting your favorite quotes-- there's plenty more that aren't leeringly suggestive left!

"Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

"Would you give me a hand with the bags?"
"Certainly, you take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban."

"Isn't it true that Darwin preserved a piece of vermicelli in a glass case until, by some extrordinary means, it actually began to move with voluntary motion?"
"Are you speaking of the worm or the spaghetti?"
"Why, the worm, sir."
"Yes, I did read something of that incident when I was a student, but you have to remember that a worm... with very few exceptions... is not a human being."

"This is a nice boy. This is a good boy. This is a mother's angel. And I want the world to know once and for all, and without any shame, that we love him. I'm going to teach you. I'm going to show you how to walk, how to speak, how to move, how to think. Together, you and I are going to make the greatest single contribution to science since the creation of fire."

"Wait! Where are you going? I was going to make espresso!"

"You know, I'm quite a brilliant surgeon. I could help you with that hump."
"Hump? What hump?"

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 3/6/06, 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We play this movie every Halloween!
Wore out the video, bought the dvd.

Abby someone.
Abby someone. Abby who?
Abby Normal.

 
At 3/6/06, 6:05 PM, Blogger Dan Edwards said...

"What knockers!" Why THANK YOU!

Yo, U b speaking about YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN.....its, IMO, one of the classics!

 
At 3/6/06, 7:59 PM, Blogger Smithie said...

IIII ain't got no body, and nobody cares for me...

 
At 3/7/06, 6:44 AM, Blogger graycie said...

"Walk this way . . ."

Nobody gets that anymore.

 
At 3/7/06, 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frau Blucher!
(Insert horse neighing)

 
At 3/8/06, 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite exchange is the "What knockers!" followed by "Thank you doctor!" ;-) Teri Garr is a treasure.

 
At 3/9/06, 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! Teri! Couldn't believe the Richard Dreyfuss character left her in "Close Encounters," which soured the end of that movie for me. :-(

 
At 3/11/06, 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Movie Mondays? Just for that, this blog is going on my Favorites list!

"Voof!"

 
At 3/11/06, 5:25 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Oh, that's just like a man-- seven or eight quick ones then you're off with the boys!"

"Taffeta, darling!"
"Taffeta, sweetheart...."

"Damn your eyes!"
"Too late!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics