A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, March 20, 2006

Movie Madness Monday: One Step Beyond!

Ahh, yes, it's spring break and it's a Monday, so it must be time for Movie Madness Monday, my little attempt at levity and mental dexterity. For those of us who carry around this kind of trivia in our heads, here's a chance to express some of this clutter, leaving more room to think about your latest Sudoku.

Here's how it works: I provide an anticipatory set of quotes from a movie. You provide other quotes from the same movie. I will tell you the name of the movie on Wednesday. You can still post quotes after that time, though.

I am in a giddy mood because I actually am blogging in my pajamas, and it's not midnight. So I'm going to pick a film that should resonate with a lot of us who get by on nerve and our sense of humor.

Okay, try to spot this one:

"When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled. Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about, and valiantly, he chickened out. Bravely taking to his feet, he beat a very brave retreat."

"What are you doing now?"
"Averting our eyes, Lord"
"Well, don't. It's just like those miserable psalms-- always so depressing."

"Who's that, then?"
"I don't know-- it must be a king."
"Why?"
"He hasn't got shit all over him."

"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"

(And I am thinking of certain administrators here....)

"What I object to is you automatically treating me like an inferior."
"Well, I am King."
"Oh, King huh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, huh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society."

"You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

"...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped."
"This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes."

"I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king? "
"What are you doing in England?"
"Mind your own business."

****Wesnesday Update: You silly ki-niggits! It's

Monty Python and the Holy Grail! One of the greatest classics in humor! These were the giants! If you've only seen Spamalot-- go check out this movie!

We --Want --A --Shrubbery!

Keep those quotes coming!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 3/20/06, 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just a flesh wound!

-Matt

 
At 3/20/06, 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it?

 
At 3/20/06, 2:28 PM, Blogger Amerloc said...

But I'm not dead yet!

(and yes, I have the t-shirt, since we saw the Broadway version last summer).

 
At 3/20/06, 4:39 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin."

 
At 3/20/06, 4:51 PM, Blogger 100 Farmers said...

Go away or I shall taunt you some more.

 
At 3/22/06, 6:57 PM, Blogger Smithie said...

"I fart in your general direction!" (Insert snooty French accent)
Middle Schoolers loved this one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics