A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Why am I a Caffeine-Swilling Diet Failure?

Well, this week, it's because the AP exam is less than a week away! All this work! All the preparation! And the kids looked at me like one of those waifs-in-the-black-velvet-paintings when I asked them the significance of the year 1877.... GAAAH! My husband made me sleep on the couch last night because I kept chanting in my not-quite-sleep, "Analysis! Not narrative!" and "More outside information! Don't laundry list!"

On Friday, after making sure each and every one of their precious little bodies is in the exam room by 7:15 ack emma, I shall then retreat to my lair to swill more caffeine and inhale gummi bears.

Who knows what my excuse for my oral fixation will be next week, but I'll think of something.

3 Comments:

At 5/1/06, 8:15 PM, Blogger Mike in Texas said...

Sing to the tune of Eric Clapton's (I think) "Cocaine"

if you want to wake up, you've got to drink a cup

caffeine.

 
At 5/1/06, 9:31 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Hahaha! That's a good one!

 
At 2/21/10, 11:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes it's much easier to prevent obesity than to get rid of excess kilos! But I know, how to lose weight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics