A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, May 08, 2006

Movie Madness Monday: Full speed ahead edition

Welcome back once again to Movie Madness Monday! Here’s the deal: Each Monday I pick a movie and drop in a few of my favorite quotes. You then stop your damn lurking and contribute a quote of your own, from the same movie, if possible. I will not tell you the name of the movie until Wednesday. No cheating, now!

“I’ve never had a dead man buy me a drink.”
“I’ve never met a live one you bought one for, neither.”

“The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away.”
“He spoke!”

“To wives and sweethearts!”
“To wives and sweethearts!”
“--May they never meet.”

“Those who die under my knife or from a subsequent infection—for my part I remind myself it was the enemy that killed them.”

“Subject to the requirements of the service.”

“Name a shrub after me. Something prickly and hard to eradicate.”

“A nautical phasmid, doctor—at least to the naked eye.”

"Here we go again-- scrape scrape, screech screech-- Never a tune you could dance to, not if you were as drunk as Davy's sow."

****Wednesday Update: Staying with a nautical theme for two weeks in a row, I give you, the best that Russell Crowe has looked since Gladiator-- umm, for you guys, let me just ask, did you see all that blood? It's

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World!
Based on the swashbuckling novels by Patrick O'Brien, this was a quite stirring tale of the British Navy during the Napoleonic Wars. The History Geek in me was delighted, and if you missed this one, you really should rent this one this weekend! So give it a try, MellowOut!

9 Comments:

At 5/8/06, 1:01 AM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

Weevils. The crew will take it badly.

 
At 5/8/06, 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. This I will do by my own hand.

 
At 5/8/06, 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He who would pun, would pick
a pocket.

:-)

 
At 5/8/06, 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider me stumped...I'm ashamed of myself.

 
At 5/8/06, 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You want your children to sing La Marseillaise?"

... er ... sure, why not?

Crowe is still so much of a better actor than singer. Have you heard his music? I caught him one night on (I think) Letterman and ... ew, stick to acting, dude.

 
At 5/8/06, 5:14 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Yeah, what do you expect from a band called Thirty Odd Foot of Grunts?

"He may have had the weather guage, but we had the weather gods."

 
At 5/9/06, 12:08 AM, Blogger 100 Farmers said...

Baffled and Bemused here.

 
At 5/9/06, 12:18 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Do you want to see guillotines in Picadilly?"

 
At 11/11/06, 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Do you want to call that raggedy-assed Napoleon your king?

(No!)

Do you want to see a guillotine in Picadilly?

(No!)

Right!

Starboard battery!"

All-time favorite movie. Just got done watching it again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics