A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, June 12, 2006

Movie Madness Monday: Love the One You're With Edition

This week's Movie Madness Monday celebrates the luster of a glorious spring, where we all long for a little love and understanding.

Here is the basic outline: each Monday I will pick a movie and list a few of my favorite quotes. You then stop your damn lurking and contribute a quote of your own, from the same movie, if possible. I will not tell you the name of the movie until Wednesday. So here we go:

"There's this huge space between us, and it just keeps filling up with things we don't say to each other. What's that called?"
"Marriage."

"I live with my mom because I chose to. She's the only woman I've ever trusted."

"Wait, why do I get the girl gun?"
"You're kidding me, right?"

"Satisfied?"
"Not for years."

"Your aim's as bad as your cooking, sweetheart."

"Still alive, Baby?"

"We have an unusual problem here, Jane. You obviously want me dead, and I'm less and less concerned for your well-being."

****Wednesday Update: This week's film is:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith! The movie that started it all for Brangelina and now the wee bairn whose happiness one hopes that they will actually place above their own selfish desires.



I enjoyed the action in this flick-- it was very well choreographed. The scenes where they fight each other were hilarious. A lot of the humor was visual, however, so you really need to see it, if you haven't yet.

9 Comments:

At 6/12/06, 9:56 AM, Blogger Ms. George said...

"Who's your Daddy now?"

 
At 6/12/06, 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I thought you were the most beautiful mark I'd ever seen."

 
At 6/12/06, 3:14 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"You looked like Christmas morning."

 
At 6/12/06, 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Have you been selling big guns to bad people? "

 
At 6/12/06, 5:40 PM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

"Oh, come on. it was just a little bomb."

 
At 6/12/06, 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ak!
Don't know what it is but it seems to be getting increasingly ominous.

 
At 6/12/06, 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Their chemistry in this flick almost makes me forgive them for the undesireable way they got together. I really like them both, despite it all.

"You burn the picture after you get the assignment! It's the first thing you learn."
"I must have missed that day. Just like you missed the day of 'don't marry the enemy.'"

 
At 6/12/06, 7:54 PM, Blogger Mister Teacher said...

"Luke, I am your father..."

No wait, COMPLETELY wrong movie.

;)

 
At 6/13/06, 3:20 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Excuse me, sir-- you're ticking."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics