A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, August 21, 2006

Movie Madness Monday 27: Metaphysical edition

Welcome back for another edition of Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game! Here's how we play: I post a few quote from an unnamed movie, and you add a quote or two you like from the same movie. We do not reveal the name of the movie until Wednesday.

Let's really test the geekiness this time. Here we go!

"Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions."

"Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

"Okey dokey... free my mind. Right, no problem, free my mind, free my mind, no problem, right...."

"To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."

"I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer. You're looking for him. I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer."

"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth."
"What truth?"
"There is no spoon."
"There is no spoon?"
"Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."

****Update: This week's movie is the dystopic fantasy

THE MATRIX!


We are all looking for The ONE.

Thanks for playing!

8 Comments:

At 8/21/06, 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What do you need? Besides a miracle."
"Guns. Lots of guns."

 
At 8/21/06, 4:47 PM, Blogger EHT said...

"It means buckle your seat belt, Dorothy because Kansas is going bye-bye."

 
At 8/21/06, 5:41 PM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

"There's a difference between knowing the Path and walking the Path."

 
At 8/21/06, 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mind makes it real...The body cannot live without the mind

-Jennifer

 
At 8/22/06, 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, haven't seen that one either.

 
At 8/22/06, 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The _____ is a system. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged."

Oh god ... school's starting soon ... please unplug me. ;-)

 
At 8/24/06, 8:40 PM, Blogger Sam said...

"You hear that Mr. Anderson?... That is the sound of inevitability..."

One of my all time favorite movies!

 
At 8/26/06, 7:39 PM, Blogger Mister Teacher said...

"Dodge this."

"I know my rights. So how about I give you the finger [gestures] and you give me my phone call."

This is one of my favorite movies, too. And I liked part 2, but part 3 SUCKED!!!!
One day when I was bored at my job, I played around with photoshop and stuck my head and 3 co-workers' heads on the movie poster. Then I had it blown up to movie size and framed. My buddy who got stuck on the body of Trinity still doesn't know whether to be turned-on or offended...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics