A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, August 28, 2006

Movie Madness Monday 28: Eccentric millionaire edition

Hey there! Here we are again with another Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. It's the only thing that makes Monday seem more like Tuesday!

Here's how we play: I give you a few of my favorite quotes from a movie. You comment with a quote of your own from the same movie. A quote! Two quotes! We do not reveal the name of the movie until Wednesday, or, lately, whnever I can get to the computer, so that everyone gets a chance to play!

And now, straight out of Silver City, New Mexico, here we go!


"We're not crazy, lady! We should've bought a squirrel, but we didn't buy a squirrel."
"Which is why we stole the rocket car!"

"Jason, where did you get that?"
"I found it under the seat."
"Give it to me. You can't play that."
"Why not?"
"Because it's Hitler's harmonica. You can't play Hitler's harmonica."
"You're driving his car!"
"Yes, but I'm not touching it with my mouth. I'm not sucking on the dashboard. I'm not getting his germs!"

"It's a race! I'm weeening!"

"I can do whatever I want. I'm eccentric! Rowr! Rowr!"

"Come back here, stupid hardware guy!"

"You girls wanna buy a squirrel? They make crackerjack pets!"

****Wednesday Update: The cure for the End of Summertime Blues is

Rat Race!

Every now and then, the Movie Gods smile upon us and offer as a hilarious ensemble piece just for fun. It ain't American Beauty, or Sideways, or Mystic River-- all of which I positively hated, anyway. No, these are goofy movies in the spirit of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Even actors just want to have fun!

This baby has a collection of lines which just screams out for the MMM treatment. You've got a three day weekend coming up. You deserve to laugh. And that means you, NYC Educator.

14 Comments:

At 8/28/06, 1:40 PM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

Girls don't pee in jars.

 
At 8/28/06, 5:19 PM, Blogger NYC Educator said...

wow. Hitler's harmonica. I have no idea.

Boy, the things they make films about nowadays.

 
At 8/28/06, 6:31 PM, Blogger Fred said...

"Because, Einstein, one of us has to be the victim, one of us has to be the witness. "

 
At 8/28/06, 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

theoretically you have been racing for about forty seconds now, and so far Mr. Schaffer is winning because he's nearest to the door.
-Jennifer

 
At 8/28/06, 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Oh shit! Gloria Allred!"

 
At 8/28/06, 9:10 PM, Blogger Ms. Q said...

Look you ain't got nothing these other Lucy's ain't seen before.

Not necessarily!

 
At 8/28/06, 9:12 PM, Blogger Ms. Q said...

I forgot my favorite lines.

"So, when you say go, you mean just go?"
"Uh, begin, commence, start moving..."

 
At 8/28/06, 9:20 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Amazingly enough I can't play. I don't know the movie.:(

 
At 8/29/06, 4:21 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Dad! I'm prairie-doggin' it!"

"Can we stop at the Barbie Museum??? Pleeeease???"

 
At 8/29/06, 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Miss? Miss, can I have another one of these, please?"

"Oh, sorry. I thought you were a woman."

"I am a woman."

 
At 8/29/06, 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What a beautiful party. Little cockdoggies."

"They're called cocktail wienies."

 
At 8/29/06, 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You two-timing, backstabbing snake! You worm! You turd!

My God! What was I thinking? I want my five months back! I'm getting the tattoo removed!"

"Where are you goin', baby? Wait for me!"

"I think we just killed him. "

"You can't! He's like a cockroach."

 
At 9/1/06, 3:40 PM, Blogger anonymous educator said...

Another movie ruined by Smashmouth.

 
At 9/1/06, 8:15 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Hah! That's a true one, AE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics