A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, October 23, 2006

Movie Madness Monday 36: Wild Thing edition

Hey, for this week's Movie Madness Monday, let's celebrate the beauty of fall! For most of us, that means freezing our tuckuses off!

So here's how we play: I give you quotes from a flick. You provide a quote of your own in the comments section without revealing the name of the flick until Thursday, so everyone can play


"Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time we won the pennant."

"Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball."
"You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

"Going somewhere, meat?"
"About 90 feet."

"Monty, anything to add?"
"Ummmmmm... no."
"He's not the best colorman in the league for nothing, folks!"

"What I was concerned with was why you didn't come up with that grounder that Rockert hit in the 9th?"
"It was out of my reach. What do you want me to do --DIVE for it?"

"Cerrano's looking for some extra power for tonight. He's looking to sacrifice a live chicken. Man, we can't have people puking in the locker room before the game!"

*****Thursday Update after a million Blogger attempts: In honor of the Fall Classic, I give you

MAJOR LEAGUE!

Tom Berenger (mmmm-hmmm!), Charlie Sheen, Corbin Bernsen, and a hilarious little turn by Randy Quaid as a heckling fan. Profane in the extreme but hilarious!

What? Didja think I'd do Fever Pitch? Hello! That shows my team losing the Series! That's bad juju. I don't THINK so!

15 Comments:

At 10/23/06, 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Juuuuuuuuuussssssst a bit outside!


-Matt

 
At 10/23/06, 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What the hell league you been playin' in?"
"California Penal."
"Never heard of it. How'd you end up playing there?"
"Stole a car."

So help me, I even like the second one in this series, especially the catcher who has to memorize the lingerie catalogue in order to concentrate.

 
At 10/23/06, 4:34 PM, Blogger Janet said...

All I can figure is it's a sports movie. No wonder I don't know it.:(

 
At 10/23/06, 5:46 PM, Blogger Sam said...

"The American Express card: Don't steal home without it."

I need to get out of your head - I'm starting to guess these based on your post titles alone!

 
At 10/23/06, 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This guy threw at his own kid in a father-son game."

 
At 10/23/06, 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bondage and books....yep, an interesting movie.....!

 
At 10/23/06, 10:21 PM, Blogger nebraska girl said...

You put snot on the ball?

 
At 10/23/06, 10:22 PM, Blogger nebraska girl said...

"Hey bartender, Jobu needs a refill!"

 
At 10/24/06, 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this movie so much, i have to add a second quote.

"Every newspaper in the country has picked us to finish last. I don't know about you, but I'd like to give 'em all a great big sh*tburger to eat!"

-Matt

 
At 10/24/06, 5:59 PM, Blogger The Old Man said...

"That's why he's one of the best color men in the business."

 
At 10/24/06, 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually know this one.

No quotes spring to mind, but I loved it.

Oddly enough, I am with mswhite, that's the quote I was gonna use and I knew the movie from the title.

 
At 10/24/06, 10:17 PM, Blogger Smithie said...

"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f-in do it again."

My apologies for a quick story:
The first part of this flick was filmed at High Corbet Field where as a kid I used to go with my dad to watch the minor league Tucson Toros play. My favorite line is spoken by a guy who was a fixture at the park in real life, hocking programs with a thick Brooklyn accent while chewing colossal cigars. His line? “Ninety Six”, watch the movie you’ll see him.

 
At 10/25/06, 8:39 AM, Blogger Kilian Betlach said...

"If you no help me this time, I say f--- you Jubu, I do it myself."

 
At 10/25/06, 10:15 PM, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/25/06, 10:16 PM, Blogger AfricaBleu said...

"I'm too old to go diving into lockers."

And...

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like sh--."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics