A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, October 30, 2006

Movie Madness Monday 37: Bad News for the Tigers edition

Here we are finally at another edition of Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. Here's how we play: I give you quotes. You provide another quote or two from the same movie. We DO NOT revea the name of the movie until Thursday, to give everyone a chance to play. And maybe reminisce about a movie we enjoyed.

Oh, and by the way? Go CARDS! NEENER NEENER NEEEENER!

So here we go!



"This is for Allah. And it's goin' waaaay out there, sucka."

"Either you wear 'em or you don't wear 'em and you don't play"
"Yo no me voy a poner esto! Esto duele!"
"What? What are you saying?"
"I've been brushing up on my Spanish of late, and I think he is saying something about, you know, his being Catholic, and it's a sin."

"You're not supposed to have open liquor in the car. It's against the law."
"So is murder, Englebert. Now put that back before you get me in real trouble."

"Engleberg?"
"What?"
"That is a bunt: B-U-N-T. The catcher is supposed to pick up the bunt and throw it to first base."
"Well, how was I supposed to know? You made such a big deal yelling out to THEM."
"Diversionary tactic, Engleberg. Now get the ball."

"I know I don't got a lot up there, but what I got sure don't feel too good."

Now go!

****Thursday Update: The one, the original, the

BAD NEWS BEARS! Yes, this was the original, with Walter Matthau and Tatum O'Neal, who I personally wanted to be like when this came out in '76. The boys in the neighborhood and I always played baseball, but I still say I coulda been a contenduh if they would have just let me into Little League. Ah well, born before my time.

Matthau was a genius in this film-- at his grouchy yet squishy on the inside best. God rest his soul.

Thanks for playing!

5 Comments:

At 10/30/06, 8:28 PM, Blogger nebraska girl said...

"This quitting thing, it's a hard habit to break once you start."

 
At 10/31/06, 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What the hell happened to you, Tanner?!"
"Tanner got into a fight."
"Who with?"
"The Seventh Grade."

 
At 10/31/06, 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hey Yankees... you can take your apology and your trophy and shove 'em straignt up your ass!"

The '05 remake ... um ... not so good. :-(

 
At 10/31/06, 9:35 PM, Blogger Smithie said...

Is it a bad thing that my childhood coach-pitch team was named after this movie?

 
At 11/1/06, 10:21 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"You wanna quit, Tanner?"

"Crud, no. I wanna play ball!"

And Billy Bob Thornton has not one SHRED of the talent of Matthau.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics