A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, November 06, 2006

Movie Madness Monday 38: Exorcising 2005 edition

We're back again for another Movie Madness Monday, the trivia quote game. Here's how we play: I provide some quotes from a movie; you respond back with a quote or two from the same movie. We do not reveal the name of the movie until Thursday.

Oh, and by the way, I just endured about 45 minutes of Click with Adam Sandler.

That. Was. Stupid.

I do not think you will see that one featured here, unless I decide to do a "Bad Movie" subset-- and Anaconda will come first.

So let's give this one a try!


"That's not Yankee dancing - that's Devil Rays dancing!"

"Al Waterman! Have a sponge!"

"Are any of you in the habit of looking at numbers- y'know, addresses, license plates, phone numbers- and adding them up... and rearranging them in your head to make more interesting patterns?
"Oh, my God, she knows my secret shame!"
"Well, step into the light, my friend, because this is the Church of Numbers... and every day is Sunday."

"Are you really that rich?"
"Yes."
"Then why don't you dress better?"

"Did you clean up my bathroom, or did I dream that?"
"Me? No. Uh, the vomit elves came in. And, uh, really adorable. Really cute little things. I mean, little caps and little barf bags."

"Eighty-six years of banging our heads against the big green wall... but we finally did it."

"By day's end, poor Ben had become one of God’s most pathetic creatures- a Red Sox fan."

"Bucky Friggin' Dent!"


Have fun, now!!
***Thursday Update: This victorious Cardinals fan is willing to finally watch

FEVER PITCH and not get all irate at the loss in 2005. Finally.

Starring Drew Barrymore, who has taken Meg Ryan's place as the princess of romantic comedy, and Jimmy Fallon, who does a decent job-- but he's no Tom Hanks. This one is fun, fun, fun if you love baseball-- or know someone who is obsessed.

Thanks for playing!

9 Comments:

At 11/6/06, 8:28 AM, Blogger nebraska girl said...

"you do this thing... it's so cute I wanna kill myself."

 
At 11/6/06, 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not see this movie, although I suspect I know which one it is. I would be all over an Anaconda day, though. That, or a Mannequin post. I love (good) bad movies!

 
At 11/6/06, 12:29 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Oh, God-- Mannequin! That WAS bad.

Or how 'bout
The Goonies, or Short Circuit, Gremlins, Weird Science, BASEketball, Rocky IV, Rocky V, Star Trek IV....

Ow! My brain hurts!

You need to see this one, though-- it was cute.

"Frankly the men I meet are highly- I date poodles basically. And I'm really relaxed, you know? Totally.

 
At 11/6/06, 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Where do the Red Sox rank in terms of importance in your life?"

"I say the Sox ... sex ... and breathing."

 
At 11/6/06, 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to the theater to see this one and waited for what seemed like forever--it is my new best movie!

"So you don't have a cell phone, a pager, a blackberry nothing? What if some sudden crisis occurs like your father has a heart attack or something?"
"My father died two years ago."
"oh, I'm sorry."
"No, actually I just found out this morning so it's been a rough 24 hours. You know, maybe I should get a cell phone."

 
At 11/6/06, 10:16 PM, Blogger Mike in Texas said...

Ahhhh! This movie reminded me of when I lived in rural Alabama and the U. of Alabama won the NCAA football championship. I had to endure weeks of championship T-shirts and talk from people who couldn't have found Alabama on a map of the US, much less actually attended the university.

 
At 11/6/06, 10:55 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Awww, don't be so hard on people from Alabama. I'm sure most of 'em could find their own state on a map.

"She's no genius, this one."

 
At 11/7/06, 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Carl wasn't the kind of uncle
who was gonna take you to the circus...or the zoo or a puppet show...but he did know the greatest place to bring any kid-The heart and soul of Boston,Fenway Park."

Loved this film...

 
At 11/8/06, 10:18 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Okay, I've been avoiding this. There's something you don't know about me."
"Oh, God, here comes the bag of hair."
"The thing is, uh,--I am a Red Sox fan."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics