A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Adieu, Peter Boyle

Peter Boyle, former Christian Brother and outstanding comedic actor, passed away today at age 71.

He was so much more than Frank on Everybody Loves Raymond, although he was a genius on that show.

No to me, he will always be "Mama's angel, and we LOVE him!"



"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh sweet mystery of life, at last I've found it!"

Godspeed.

5 Comments:

At 12/13/06, 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Boyle in YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN and on the Raymond show. He was a great talent and will be missed.

 
At 12/13/06, 6:37 PM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I hated the Raymond show but Peter Boyle was fantastic in it. For me, though, he'll always be the Monster. Farewell, dear man.

 
At 12/13/06, 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smiles are hard to come by and he was always good for one or two no matter what he was in.

 
At 12/14/06, 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me as one of those that could not stand Raymond but loved Peter Boyle's character, so I would occasionally stop to watch rerun if nothing else was on. I loved the scene during a Halloween episode where he wore a Frankenstein costume. It was a great inside joke.

I just love that look he gives the camera at the end of Young Frankenstein. So sweet...

 
At 12/15/06, 11:42 PM, Blogger Mister Teacher said...

He was simply outstanding and the episode of the X-Files titled, "The Strange Repose of Clyde Bruckman."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics