A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

How long until you think I get asked about this one?

I have a classroom full of ninth grade boys.

Yes, weep for me. Unless you do that all day. Then I will weep for you.

But anyway, how long do you think it will take for them to bring THIS ONE up in conversation?

I'm betting first thing tomorrow. Any takers?

8 Comments:

At 12/6/06, 4:31 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Heck, I'll bring it up before they do!

 
At 12/6/06, 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say, YOU bring it up first. :)

 
At 12/6/06, 6:07 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Hmmmmm.... you have spoken rightly, fair friends.

It would also up my street cred, as well....

 
At 12/6/06, 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you're doomed. They're totally going to be laughing about this one before the first bell rings...

 
At 12/7/06, 9:02 PM, Blogger Mister Teacher said...

This will teach people to cut muffins in US airspace, by golly! Though if Bush declares a war on flatulence, I might have to go into hiding.

 
At 12/8/06, 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz from I Speak of Dreams. It wasn't the flatulence, it was the matches she kept striking to burn off the odor.

And I'm with Fred & redkudu.

 
At 12/9/06, 1:07 AM, Blogger EHT said...

One of my fourth graders already brought it up. It's amazing how up they are on current events....it's the ones that are past I wish they could remember.:)

 
At 12/9/06, 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a freshman class with only four girls in it. If it comes to their attention (from ANYwhere) I dread the results!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics