A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, December 04, 2006

Movie Madness Monday 42: The duck is smiling at me edition

Movie Madness Monday time! Here's how we play: I give you some quotes from a movie, and you respond with quotes of your own in the comment section. We do not reveal the name of the movie until Thursday so that everyone gets a chance to play.

Even though it's more than a week since Thanksgiving, I am setting the table for you here with a juicy one-- so get to it!


"Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window."

"Some men are Baptists, others Catholics-- my father was an Oldsmobile man."

"It's... it's... it's indescribably beautiful! It reminds me of the Fourth of July!"

"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah!"
"Well, I double-DOG-dare ya!"

"All right. Now, are you ready to tell me where you heard that word?"
(Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master. But, I chickened out and said the first name that came to mind.)
"Schwartz!"

"Aunt Clara had for years not only perpetually labored under the delusion that I was 4 years old, but also a girl."

"The duck-- it's... it's-- SMILING at me!"

****Thursday Update: It's time for a classic,

A CHRISTMAS STORY!

Every kid needs an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle! Unless you're afraid of shooting your eye out!

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

At 12/3/06, 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Deck the harrs with boughs of horry. Fa-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra."

 
At 12/4/06, 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It was the Queen Mother of all dirty words. The f dash dash dash word."

"You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"

"It's a major award!"

 
At 12/4/06, 1:18 PM, Blogger Nic said...

"Thtuuuuuck....thtuuuuuck...THTUCK!!!!"

"But...the BELL rang!"

 
At 12/4/06, 1:58 PM, Blogger Sara said...

"Fra-gee-ley... It must be Italian"
"I think that says FRAGILE, dear."

 
At 12/4/06, 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Over the years I got to be quite a connossieur of soap. Though my personal preference was for Lux, I found that Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor - heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. Life Buoy, on the other hand... YECCHH!"
"He had yellow eyes! So, help me, God! Yellow eyes!"
I could quotes this one almost word for word!

 
At 12/4/06, 3:30 PM, Blogger Sam said...

"Show Mommy how the piggies eat!"

 
At 12/4/06, 3:33 PM, Blogger Scottsdale Girl said...

No! No! I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

 
At 12/4/06, 4:36 PM, Blogger Vandalhooch said...

"He looks like a demented Easter bunny!"

 
At 12/4/06, 4:46 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"He's a pink nightmare!"

"Oh, FUUUUUUUDGE!"

 
At 12/4/06, 5:39 PM, Blogger Mister Teacher said...

"Drink your Ovaltine, kids."
"OVALTINE??!?"

 
At 12/4/06, 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too easy.

Sara took mine.

 
At 12/4/06, 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting ready to go to school was like getting ready for extended deep sea diving.

 
At 12/4/06, 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Randy lay there like a slug. It was his only defense."

Couldn't resist!

 
At 12/4/06, 11:07 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Daddy's gonna KILL Ralphie!"

 
At 12/5/06, 9:00 AM, Blogger fillyjonk said...

"I like Santa. I like the Wizard of Oz."

"How about a....football? A nice football?"

"Take your seat, Ralphie."

(high pitched) "Thanks a lot!"

Yeah, I had to go for some of the more obscure ones - the ones I really love (and remember correctly) are all taken.

 
At 12/5/06, 9:08 AM, Blogger Sara said...

One more favorite no one's mentioned yet: "I can't put my arms down!"

 
At 12/5/06, 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Okay, Black Bart -- now you get your's..."

"Ol' Blue? Oh, nooo!"

"Serves you right, you smelly buggers!"

 
At 12/5/06, 6:27 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"I TRIPLE- DOG- DARE YOU!!!!!!"

There are still plenty of good ones left, kids!

 
At 12/5/06, 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We plunged into the cornucopia quivering with desire and the ecstasy of unbridled avarice."

"It was all over -- I was dead. What would it be? The guillotine? Hanging? The chair? The rack? The Chinese water torture? Hmmph. Mere child's play compared to what surely awaited me."

"where's the glue?"
"We're out of glue."
"You used up all the glue on purpose!"

"The heavenly aroma still hung in the house. But it was gone, all gone! No turkey! No turkey sandwiches! No turkey salad! No turkey gravy! Turkey Hash! Turkey A La King! Or gallons of turkey soup! Gone, ALL GONE! "

I can't help it..I have watched it once every couple of days since Thanksgiving!

 
At 12/6/06, 3:58 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

ms q-- you are a woman after my own heart!

"I have since heard of people under extreme duress speaking in strange tongues. I became conscious that a steady torrent of obscenities and swearing of all kinds was pouring out of me as I screamed. "

 
At 12/6/06, 9:30 PM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

"That's it? A crummy commercial?"

 
At 12/8/06, 2:32 AM, Blogger Vandalhooch said...

Oh my God! I shot my eye out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics