A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Friday, December 15, 2006

Well, one small victory.... or two

The kid who was going to miss my class YET AGAIN, this time to go to a baby shower in Omaha?

His mother decided that that might not be a good idea, and so he was here today.

And a kid with whom I have been very firm all semester in the cafeteria, came up to me and hugged me out of the blue. It was like an attack hug-- it was over so quick, I almost missed it. Up from behind, a squeeze, and gone. He thinks he'll have enough credits to graduate at last after finals week.

I take 'em as I get 'em.

1 Comments:

At 12/16/06, 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are the "ahhh NOW I remember why I do this" moments...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics