A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, February 05, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 51: Yodelers from hell edition

Welcome to a post-SuperBowl Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. I tried and I tried to think of a movie I could stand that was about football, but who wants to sob through Brian's Song? Not me.

So, we are going to put our faith in tangents, here.

Now remember I give you some quotes, and you post a quote of your own from the same movie without naming the movie, so everyone can play. Okay? Let's try it:


"Dammit, are you boys gonna chase down your leads or are you gonna sit drinkin' coffee in the one house in the state where I know my boy ain't at?"

"Biology and the prejudices of others conspired to keep us childless."

"I tried to stand up and fly straight, but it wasn't easy with that sumbitch Reagan in the White House. I dunno. They say he's a decent man, so maybe his advisors are confused."

"Gimme that baby, you wart-hog from hell!"

"What kind of name is Ed for a pretty thing like you?"
"Short for Edwina. Turn to the right."
"You"re a flower, you are. Just a little desert flower."


And take that ball and run with it!

****Weekend Update: They only wanted to be a family, but they ended up


RAISING ARIZONA!

An excellent early example of the Coen brothers' oeuvre, and another winner from Holly Hunter, Nicolas Coppola Cage, and John Goodman. Genius!

11 Comments:

At 2/5/07, 7:32 PM, Blogger Karla Robinson said...

And this here's the TV. Two hours a day, either educational or football, so you don't ruin your appreciation of the finer things.

 
At 2/5/07, 7:32 PM, Blogger Mike in Texas said...

"Ed, I'm walking in here on my hands and knees a free man"

 
At 2/5/07, 7:40 PM, Blogger cupcake said...

There's right and there's right, and never the twain shall meet.

 
At 2/5/07, 9:15 PM, Blogger Laura(southernxyl) said...

Thank you, now I'll have the theme from Brian's Song in my head all day.

We played it in my high school band. ENDLESSLY. Yes, I graduated in 1978 and I still have not shaken that damn song.

 
At 2/5/07, 9:32 PM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

You gwon up there and get me a toddler- they got more'n they can handle!

Buford here knows his ABC's!

I'll just be takin these Huggies- and whatever you got in the drawer.

I don't know what he was wearin- his damn jammies- they had Yodas and shit on them!

He's a little outlaw he is!

We're barren.

I just love him so much!! (sobbing hysterically)

 
At 2/5/07, 11:26 PM, Blogger Wes Kenney said...

Boy, you got a panty on your head...

 
At 2/6/07, 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You"re a flower, you are. Just a little desert flower.

 
At 2/6/07, 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What did the pajamas look like?"
"I don't know! They were jammies...they had Yodas and sh#& on 'em!"

 
At 2/6/07, 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"How many Pollacks it take to screw up a lightbulb?"

"I don't know, Glen. One?"

"Nope, it takes three."

(Pause.) "Wait a minute, I told it wrong. Here, I'm startin' over: How come it takes three Pollacks to screw up a lightbulb?"

"I don't know, Glen."

"Because they're so darn stupid!"

 
At 2/6/07, 10:49 PM, Blogger Ms. Q said...

"You mean you busted out of jail."

"No, ma'am. We released ourselves on our own recognizance."

"What my brother here means to say is that we felt that the institution no longer had anything to offer us."

One of THE funniest movies EVER! And another reason I moved to Arizona! Not that is actually has anything to do with AZ, but my mind works in strange ways!

 
At 2/8/07, 12:46 PM, Blogger mr. e said...

"Mighty fine cereal flakes, Mrs. _____"

A masterpiece! I can hear the music now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics