A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, March 05, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 55: You need Head & Shoulders edition

Howdy to y'all and welcome back to another edition of Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. Given that I am in the midst of parent-teacher conference season, I thought we could all use a bittersweet dose of adolescence.

Here's how we play: I give you some primer-quotes, you respond in the comments section with a quote of your own from the same movie. Okay? Let's go!


"Yeah, I've got a question. Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"
"I'll give you the answer to that question, Mr.Bender, next Saturday. Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns."
"That man is a brownie-hound."

"What if your home, what if your family, what if your dope was on fire?"
"Impossible, sir. Its in Johnson's underwear."

"In physics, well, we talk about physics... properties of physics."
"So its sort of social. Demented and sad, but social, right?"

"Remember how you said your parents use you to get back at each other? Wouldn't I be OUTSTANDING in that capacity?"

"I hate it. I hate having to go along with everything my friends say."


****Weekend Update: What happens when you mix the cliques at a high school on a beautiful Saturday? You get

THE BREAKFAST CLUB!

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 3/5/07, 12:19 AM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

(I LOVE this movie!)

 
At 3/5/07, 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If I lose my temper you're totaled, man."
"Totally?"
"Totally."

 
At 3/5/07, 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What was that ruckus?!"
"Uh, what ruckus?"
"I was just in my office and heard a ruckus."
"Could you describe the ruckus, sir?"

"Being bad feels pretty good, huh?"

"I'm not a nymphomaniac. I'm a pathological liar."

This movie would make a great stage play for high school drama classes.

 
At 3/5/07, 4:05 PM, Blogger M-Dawg said...

"What do you need a fake I.D. for?"
"So I can vote!"


"Being bad feels pretty good, huh?"

LOVE this movie!!!!!

 
At 3/5/07, 6:30 PM, Blogger Ms M. said...

"If he gets up we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy!"

"Next time I have to come in here I'm crackin' sculls!"

"Just you and me. Two hits. Me hitting you and you hitting the floor."

 
At 3/5/07, 7:20 PM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

This movie defines not only a generation, but a time in all of our lives. I know a Sociology teacher who shows this to his classes.

(can't think of exact quotes- I am really bad at that)
One of my favorite scenes is where A.S.'s character makes a sandwich of squishy bread, cereal and pixie sticks- all pulled out of her purse.
Also like MR's "talent"- applying lipstick hands-free.

Ok, I thought of one, maybe a couple.

"Your name's Claire? Claire? That's a fat girl's name."

"What are you eating?"
"Sushi."

"They ignore me."

"I consider you guys my friends."

 
At 3/5/07, 9:07 PM, Blogger Vandalhooch said...

P:You know what scares me? What keeps me up at night? When I get older, these kids are going to take care of me!

J: I wouldn't count on it.

 
At 3/5/07, 9:45 PM, Blogger leesepea said...

Bender, to Clark: I wanna be just like you. I figure all I need is a labotomy and some tights.
Johnson, to Clark: You wear tights?
Clark: I wear the required uniform.
Johnson: Tights.
Clark: Shut up!

Claire, putting makeup on Alison: You look so much better without all of that black shit under your eyes.
Alison: Hey, I like all of that black shit. Why are you being so nice to me?
Claire: Because you're letting me.

Bender, watching Claire prepare her tray of sushi: You won't let a guy's tongue in your mouth and you're going to eat that?
Claire: Can I eat?
Bender: I don't know. Give it a try.

Clark, trying to share what he can "do": I can, uh... tape all of your buns together?

Bender, to Claire, who is giving him the finger: What an obscene gesture from such a pristine girl.

I could do this all day.

Totally.

 
At 3/5/07, 10:54 PM, Blogger Ms. Q said...

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST MOVIE EVER ABOUT TEENAGERS!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

Eat My Shorts

You just bought yourself another Saturday

Uh, I'm crushed

You just bought one more right there

Well I'm free the Saturday after that, but beyond that I'm gonna have to check my calendar

Good because it's gonna be filled


That's very clever, sir. But what if there's a fire? I think violating fire codes and endangering the lives of children would be unwise at this juncture in your career, sir.


The end--where B is reading the essay he wrote is priceless.

This movie is actually one of those that really made me want to teach and make a difference. And,

unfortunately today I was a bit too much like Mr. Vernon...

 
At 3/6/07, 12:15 PM, Blogger Goldie said...

[Bender points his middle finger at the floor]
Bender: Can you hear this? Want me to turn it up?
[Bender flips his hand around so he is now giving Andrew the bird]

 
At 3/6/07, 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Actually, Brian, it doesn't sound like you're doing any business..."

 
At 3/8/07, 12:16 PM, Blogger mr. e said...

So... what's your poison?
Ok, forget I asked.
Vodka.
Oh yeah? How much vodka do you drink?
Tons.

Actually, I'm ashamed I didn't get it from the title of the post, since in my angst ridden black wearing high school years, that particular scenes was one of my favorite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics