A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A painful encounter with Google that just somehow says it all

Admit it-- you do it too. If you've got a blog, you sometimes check to see the keywords that bring people to your blog from all over the internets. Here's what I found:

"should the government require a mandatory military service commitment from high school graduates" is one query I found intriguing. I guarantee that all wars would end tomorrow if everyone who sets policy was in danger of seeing their son or daughter be sent to do the fighting. But we have never had such a tradition or requirement in this country, and no, I do not believe it is a good idea.

"internet slang in schools" is another one that we have discussed at length, LOL!

I am pleased that someone is interested in "improving your grade." Try studying in an atmosphere where you can actually concentrate and turning in all of your work.

But then there is this gem, which speaks for itself. I would like to enshrine it over the doorway to my classroom in large black letters:

"why can't us teenagers talk slang in school"

And may I offer a humble answer in your own tongue?

Yo, cos you sound like a true fluke, fo shizzle.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 3/14/07, 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, dear GOD. My COLLEGE students (COLLEGE students, mind you) send me emails that sound just like that.

What. Ever.

 
At 3/14/07, 9:37 PM, Blogger Duez said...

I am always amazed at what lands people on my blog. It is truly a weird phenomenon. Some very odd searches lead to my blog... who knows why?

 
At 3/15/07, 10:41 PM, Blogger KauaiMark said...

A search for "turkey boobs" found it's way to my blog...

http://kauaimark.blogspot.com/2006/12/turkey-anatomy-search.html

 
At 3/18/07, 3:54 PM, Blogger Mister Teacher said...

I did a post on bathroom policy once, and now I get at least 5 hits a day from someone searching for "kids have to hold pee in"
Lovely.
The most interesting one lately was somone searching for "Mitch Albom bracket picks."
Would that be for his new novel, The Four Teams You Meet in Atlanta?

 
At 3/19/07, 10:18 AM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Turkey Boobs!

Tuu-uuuurkey! Boooooobs!

I wonder what Kauai Mark could possibly have said to bring that one up? I bet it was about Britney Spears and K-Fed.

Would a Mitch Albom book about his actual profession-- sportswriting-- sell? Doubt it. But the pee thing is perfect, Mr T.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics