A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Pray for Elizabeth Edwards... and all who fight.



While I was busy going to my theology classes, the announcement was made that Elizabeth Edwards' cancer has returned.

No matter what your political affiliation, please remember Elizabeth Edwards and all who fight the fight against breast cancer in your prayers today. This horrible disease has claimed and maimed so many friends, role models, and loved ones:

Julie
Carol
Molly
Ann
Betty
Gail
Phyllis
Sue
Carol
Sheryl
butterflyangel


Please join me in praying for a cure, and for strength and comfort for those who have been touched by this disease. And I ask all of my friends, male and female, to check themselves at least once a month.

****Update: A website has been created to organize this effort here.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 3/25/07, 8:06 AM, Blogger Duez said...

This was just horrible news. It does not sound good for her... but one can never give up hope. Fortunately they have the resources to help. Many other people that get breast cancer do not.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that the campaign can lift her spirits.

 
At 3/25/07, 8:15 AM, Blogger Butterfly Angel said...

I will pray for her as requested. Ms. Edwards has a very positive attitude which help her through this ordeal.

As a breast cancer survivor myself, I worry that it will come back. I will be walking in the "Race for the Cure" here on Saturday.

God bless,
~butterfly angel~

 
At 3/25/07, 9:04 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Cancer is such a frustrating disease. I know it seems simplistic to say but you can win the battle with cancer and still not have won the war. It must be even harder to have to do so in the public eye.

 
At 3/25/07, 10:38 AM, Blogger NYC Educator said...

That's terrible, and it must be worse to remain in the public eye while dealing with such a thing.

 
At 3/26/07, 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A website has been established to offer healing prayer for Elizabeth Edwards:
http://prayforelizabeth.org
"This site has been created for the express purpose of creating unity in the United States in the form of healing prayers for Elizabeth Edwards, spouse of 2008 Presidential hopeful John Edwards. In my humble opinion the Edwards family has provided us with a rare opportunity to unify outside the confines of political discord and to walk our talk as “one nation under God”.
colorwoman
Norfolk VA

 
At 3/26/07, 8:26 AM, Blogger MommyProf said...

We are doing Race for the Cure this weekend, in part as a tribute to my Mom, who is a breast cancer survivor. My prayers to the Edwards family - especially with the two young kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics