A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, April 16, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 61: Spencer Tracy's hat edition

Happy Monday! Let us now reverently look forward to spring finally showing itself after a long surprise from Mother Nature the last few weeks. Punxsutawney Phil, indeed! I don't know about you, but I am frozen! So let's warm up with a little movie quote trivia.

Here's how we play: I give you some quotes from a movie, and you respond in the comments section with some quotes of your own from the same movie. We do not reveal the name of the movie until later in the week.

I'm going to go with a lovely, bittersweet classic, here-- which is my code for "They've remade it on Broadway since they haven't had a new idea there since Rogers and Hammerstein were murdered by Andrew Lloyd Weber."




"I got to the end of our lane, I couldn't remember where the old town road was. I wandered a way in the woods. There was nothing familiar. Not one damn tree. Scared me half to death. That's why I came running back here to you-- to see your pretty face. I could feel safe. I was still me."

"I might not stick around here. I might just haul my ass out to Wyoming or Puerto Rico... one of those places. Listen. I mean, I know I'm just being dumped here. Which is like my middle name. You turkeys don't want me."

"A canoe! Just like the Indians used."
"Actually, the Indians used a different grade of aluminum."

"Listen to me, mister. You're my knight in shining armor. Don't forget it. You're going to get back on that horse and I'm going to be right behind you, holding on tight and away we're going to go, go, go!"
"I don't like horses."

"Do you visit your parents, young man?"
"No sir, my parents both passed away."
"Then you have a good excuse, then."

"Are there any bears around here?"
"Oh, sure. Black bears, grizzlies. One of 'em came along here and ate an old lesbian just last month."

****Weekend Update: This week's feature took a vacation

On Golden Pond!


Katharine Hepburn. Henry Fonda. Jane Fonda. A beautiful movie about never giving up on those you love, and assuring us that peace is within our grasp, if only we let go of our fear of being hurt.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4/16/07, 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You old poop!

 
At 4/16/07, 9:38 AM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I never saw such big loons
in my life.

 
At 4/16/07, 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Don't you think that everyone looks back on their childhood with a certain amount of bitterness and regret? It doesn't have to ruin your life."

Have to tell you, Ms. C. ... I found this movie exceptionally depressing.

 
At 4/17/07, 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You know, Norman, you're the sweetest man in the world, but I'm the only person who knows it."

 
At 1/27/09, 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your a big old poop!
how dare you say that about one of the most legendary and one of the greatest actresses of all time!
how rude! she did amazing things for this world and for this industry!

 
At 1/27/09, 8:20 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Who said anything against Katharine? I'll whup 'em myself! I love her so much one of my children has her name. Now that's LOVE.

"Look Norman! The loons! They've come to say goodbye!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics