A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Wishing you a blessed and peaceful Easter and Passover


I have spent the last four days basically living at church and playing loads of guitar--I've got blisters on my fingers! And yes, I get to sing "The Cameron Frye song" tonight at the Easter Vigil-- pray for me to keep a straight face and not slip up on the lyrics! We also have to stuff Easter Eggs for all the children of the "Easterpalians" who will be coming out of the woodwork tomorrow morning. So-- busy, busy, busy!

There are so many blessings I take for granted. So many people who love me. So many good friends, so many beautiful days, so much beautiful music. I pray that I take time to appreciate all of these things much more than spending time complaining about wishes that go unfulfilled. I want to laugh more and frown less this year. Of course, I have a teenager in the house, so that may be a real test.




As I consider the suffering of the cross and the suffering of the Israelites in slavery, I hope you will join me in praying for peace in the coming year. May our people-- all of our people-- be a light of justice and peace in the world. May we truly listen to the Word of God trying to lead a recalcitrant people in the wilderness of the Sinai as well as the wilderness of our own hearts.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4/8/07, 10:02 AM, Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

The wilderness in my own heart is vast and wild. May it--and all wild hearts--come under the gentling, taming influence of Jesus. Easter blessings to you, Ms. Cornelius, and to all!

 
At 4/8/07, 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful wishes you posted there at the end. God bless you and yours on this Easter day, as well.

 
At 4/8/07, 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

here here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics