A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, May 07, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 64: Zipper edition

Well, here I am, late late late but gamely putting up a Movie Madness Monday although I'm experincing a few technical difficulties.

Here's how we play: I give you a few juicy quotes from a movie, and you use these clues to then spark a few quotes of your own in the comments section without naming the movie.

There's just something about spring that makes me think of this movie.

"Hey, dirtbud, who you going to the prom with?"
"Ah, I don't know if I'm even gonna. You know, not my style."
"You have a style?"

"I couldn't believe that she knew my name! Some of my best friends didn't know my name."

"Is it the frank or the beans?"
"I don't know-- both, I guess."
"Franks and Beans! Franks and Beans!"

"Everything okay here? Neighbors said they heard a lady scream."

"Hey, you're limping. Did you just hurt yourself?"
"No, it's an old football injury."
"Oh, are you on the team?"
"No, a couple of the players and me were joking around and, uh, I fell off the school."

"I want a guy who can play 36 holes of golf, and still have enough energy to take Warren and me to a baseball game, and eat sausages, and beer, not lite beer, but beer. That's my ad-- print it up."
"'Fatty who likes golf, beer, and baseball.' Gee, where are you gonna find a gem like that?"

"Oh, heavens to PETE!"

****Weekend Update: There's something about the Farrelly Brothers, and

THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY


Gross out middle school humor at its-- finest?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5/8/07, 6:27 AM, Blogger Mike in Texas said...

"What about Brett Fav-ra?"

 
At 5/8/07, 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother is not a comedy lover. My mother is not a gross-out comedy lover. My mother is not a movie lover in general. She fell asleep during Animal House. My sister and I took my mother to see this movie, and she laughed so hard the entire theatre could hear her.

"Is that hair gel?"

And my personal fav:

"Step into my office!"
"Why?"
"'Cause you're f-in fired!"

Heh. I love the "7-minute Abs" scene and Matt Dillon's "Mongo" monologue.

 
At 5/8/07, 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Those goofy bastards are about the best thing I've got going."

... I actually find myself (quietly, privately) referring to some of the Special Ed. classes as "those goofy bastards." I'm terrible, I know....

 
At 5/8/07, 5:37 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"How'd you get the beans above the franks?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics