A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, June 04, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 68: Embarassing Family edition

Ahhhh, June. School's out (HOORAY!), and now I begin a regimen of social engagements that would choke an ogre. You know what I mean: it's wedding season! So I am going to give YOU a gift. Especially if you've ever been a bride or groom, this movie should have resonated with you. I don't think it'll be much of a secret, since the quotes are pretty hard to do without giving the whole thing away. So here's a nice plate of lamb for you! Eat! Eat! You look thin!



"If nagging were an Olympic sport, my Aunt would win a gold medal."

"Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become."
"Nick, that's beautiful."
"Yeah, that dear Abby really knows what she's talking about."

"For Godsake, I know! Listen. Keep your mother off my lawn, out of my basement... AND AWAY FROM MY ROOF!"

"Why... Why you want to leave me?!"

****Weekend Update: If you didn't think YOUR wedding was nightmare enough, you;ll get a new appreciation for it in

MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING!


John Corbett, whom I have loved since Northern Exposure, Lainie Kazan, who is an absolute genius-- someday I will dedicate an entire month just to her-- and Joey Fatone actually doing something interesting. This actually reminded me of my wedding in many ways, although in a whitebread Okie Protestant way.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 6/4/07, 7:22 AM, Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

School's out for you? Why, then, you can movie (yeah, I know, "molvie" is not a verb) yourself into insensibility for a few days...just to relax. Go for it!

 
At 6/4/07, 9:21 AM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

"My dad believed in two things: That Greeks should educate non Greeks about being Greek and every ailment from psoriasis to poison ivy can be cured with Windex. "

"I have three testicles!"

 
At 6/4/07, 1:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Speaking of movies, today is Rosalind Russell's 100th birthday.

 
At 6/4/07, 1:33 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

CTG: Yesssssssssss.
Mrschili: Windex does solve everything!
RWP: Va va va VOOM!

 
At 6/4/07, 5:59 PM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

"The men may be the head of the house but the women are the neck and they can turn the head anyway they want."

I LOVE this movie!

 
At 6/4/07, 9:27 PM, Blogger Ms. Q said...

If I had survived an old lady ass-kicking I would want to brag about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics