A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, June 11, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 70-1: Evil subplots edition

I am on vacation, and I actually found internet service, so here's this week's MMM. You know the drill. Put your quotes from the movie hinted at below in the comments section! No naming the movie, now!


"I love this man. There is no way I am going to give him up for some big-haired food critic!"

"Hmm, death by mini-bar. How glamorous."

"I'm pond scum. Well, lower actually. I'm like the fungus that feeds on pond scum."
"Lower. The pus that infects the mucus that cruds up the fungus that feeds on the pond scum. On the other hand, thank you for loving me that much, that way. It's pretty flattering."
"Except it makes me fungus."

"'Michael, I'm married.' Not enough. '... and I have two weeks to live.' [Pause, tone change] 'Michael, I'm trying to be gay, don't confuse me.'"

"I've never had a sister."

"My classmate Angelique shattered her pelvis line dancing in Abilene on Spring Break. Be my maid of honor. You can't believe what it'd cost to bring in a temp."

****Weekend Update: Once, big hair and Julia Roberts ruled the world in
MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING!





Of course, my favorite scene is the homage to Burt Bacharach, which of course you must see (and hear) to believe.

Thanks for playing!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 6/11/07, 1:12 AM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

It's amazing the clarity that comes with psychotic jealousy.

 
At 6/11/07, 1:27 PM, Blogger Ms. Q said...

Love to! Love the bag, love the shoes, love everything. Love to!


He's got you on a pedastal and me in his arms.

 
At 6/11/07, 6:41 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Ok, so I cheated a bit...

Maybe there won't be marriage, maybe there won't be sex, but by God there'll be dancing!

 
At 6/12/07, 10:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"I've got moves you've never seen before."

I think that is the line, the star looked fabulous saying it, even in a jean skirt and baby T.

Love the song and dance number at the seafood place.

 
At 6/14/07, 8:32 AM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Mah Gawd, it's the bride, and the woman she'll nevah live up to!"

"I'm Julianne Potter, and..."
"... We'd be the vengeful sluts. We came in complementary colors."

"Now, my husband says to scoot you over to the ballpark, so you can hang with Michael. But first, you have to meet a lot of really old women. That is, if you've absorbed enough profanity."

 
At 6/14/07, 3:05 PM, Blogger BrainPOPPER said...

Ms. Cornelius -- I work at BrainPOP, a producer of online animated educational films. Will you be at NECC in Atlanta? If so please email me at tracik@brainpop.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics