A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Thursday, June 07, 2007

TITMT: One trick ponies

Janet over at The Art of Getting By asks an interesting question: which actors do I love even though they basically play the same character over and over? I'll take that bet!

1. John Wayne! (Even though there is NO WAY I could have put up with him or the next two guys in real life, given that our politics absolutely do not mesh, I gotta love them as actors.)

2. Sean Connery! As Christine Lavin sings: "Said it before! Say it again! Mmmm! I love bald-headed men!"

3. Tom Selleck! I love the 'stache! What can I say? Although the eyebrow and dimple thing was great, too.

4. Humphrey Bogart. Except for The Caine Mutiny, he was Mr. Tough Guy. Are you sensing a theme here? I like 'em manly! None of these girly-men pour moi, when it comes to escapist cinema! I am not that fond of guys with the smooth features, like Tobey Maguire or Jake Gyllenhaal (for the longest time I confused those two). Even Brad Pitt is a bit too pretty. I like rogues with the heart of gold!

5. John Cusack. Who doesn't love John Cusack? Must go watch Grosse Pointe Blank now..... "This is me breathing, Oatman!"

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6/8/07, 4:36 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Wow, a lot of people are saying Cusack. I think in the eighties that was totally true. I'm not sure I see it as much in the nineties. Can we define actors by decades instead?:)

 
At 6/8/07, 12:05 PM, Blogger Mike in Texas said...

Why not ask which actresses we love?

Beverly D'Angelo
Jaime Pressley (Joy on My Name is Earl)
Joely Fisher of Till Death

 
At 6/9/07, 11:37 AM, Blogger Denever said...

John Cusack is manly? Compared with whom - Woody Allen?

 
At 6/13/07, 9:25 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

I listed John Cusack AFTER the manly men-- but I love him anyway. It doesn't HAVE to be logical!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics