A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, July 02, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 72: Brinkley edition

Welcome to a comfort-food edition of Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. Not feeling so sparkly this week, so I'm going to go with one of my favorite actor/actress pairs, along with an adorable dog. So let's see what quotes you've got... and if you can't remember, why not watch it again? Thanks for coming by!


"Brinkley is my dog. He loves the streets of New York as much as I do. Although he likes to eat bits of pizza and bagels off the sidewalk and I prefer to buy them."

"F-O-X."
"That is amazing - you can spell 'fox'? Can you spell 'dog'?"
"F-O-X!"

"I always take a relationship to the next level. If that works out, I take it to the next level after that, until I finally reach that level when it becomes absolutely necessary for me to leave."

"When you read a book as a child, it becomes a part of your identity in a way that no other reading in your whole life does."

"Name me one thing--ONE!-- that we've gained from technology."
"Electricity."
"That's one. You think this machine is your friend but it's not."

"Is she a Republican?"
"I can't... help myself!"

"So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around?"



Have fun, now!

****Weekend Update: The three most important words in the internets are:

YOU'VE GOT MAIL!


There are a few movies that, no matter how blue I am, perk me right up, like Roxanne, When Harry Met Sally, The Princess Bride, French Kiss, Grosse Pointe Blank...

What do they all have in common? Like Lou Grant once famously said, they've "got spunk." I need spunk. I have admired Meg Ryan's comedic gifts since she was on As the World Turns and even though they often put her into tragic situations, she was nonetheless sometimes allowed to do something fun. It was enough to make me watch a soap opera, a genre of which I am not that fond.

Thanks for coming by and playing!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7/2/07, 12:24 PM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

"You're daring to march into the unknown armed with. . . nothing. Have a sandwich."

 
At 7/2/07, 3:32 PM, Blogger leesepea said...

But... but... but... you've done this one before!

Now I'm feeling a little deflated.

But I'll add in my favorite:

"She makes coffee nervous."

 
At 7/2/07, 4:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"She's a pill!"

 
At 7/2/07, 5:37 PM, Blogger Lady Strathconn said...

"...but no one will remember you. And maybe no one will remember me either, but there are plenty of people who remember my mother, and they thought she was fine, and they thought her store was something special. "

 
At 7/2/07, 11:02 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Yeah, Leesepea, I know, but I needed a movie with a dog in it. And lead actress and actor didn't hurt, either, because I need a laugh.

"The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall! Decaf! Cappuccino!"

 
At 7/3/07, 8:43 AM, Blogger Jess said...

"Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics