A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, July 09, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 73: Ottopilot edition


Welcome back to another Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. I had a friend tell me the fun she had trying to get back home, and so I'm sending this MMM out to her and to all of us who have tried (or are going to try) to get from HERE to THERE this summer without losing our minds.

So remember, I give you some hints, and you put your favorite quote from the movie in the comments section, without naming the movie.

Give it a go, then!



"Nervous?"
"Yes."
"First time?"
"No, I've been nervous lots of times."

"We have clearance, Clarence."
"Roger, Roger. What's our Vector, Victor?"

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking."

"There's a sale at Penney's!"

"What kind of plane is it?"
"Oh, it's a big pretty white plane with red stripes, curtains in the window and wheels. It looks like a big tylenol."

"No dice, Chicago! I'm giving the orders and we're coming in. I guess the foot's on the other hand now, isn't it Kramer?"

****Weekend Update: Yes, the movie is AIRPLANE! a spoof of all those disaster movies like Airport '75. This was kind of the great-grandaddy of Snakes on a Plane.

Airplane! was cheesy and dorky and had a bunch of great sight-gags, and since I was more of a verbal person, the first time I saw this, I admit I rolled my eyes a LOT. But seeing June Cleaver speak Jive was really good.

Now that I am older, I must say I appreciate this one more. It's a classic!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 7/9/07, 6:20 AM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

-Johnny, what can you make out of this? [Hands him the weather briefing]

-This? Why, I can make a hat or a brooch or a pterodactyl...


***
-Surely you can't be serious.

-I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

 
At 7/9/07, 8:39 AM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

"Excuse, me. I speak Jive."

(funniest line to EVER come out of The Beave's mom's mouth!)

 
At 7/9/07, 3:00 PM, Blogger Smithie said...

"I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue."

 
At 7/9/07, 3:42 PM, Blogger NYC Educator said...

Whoa! Finally, one I recognize.

Great choice.

 
At 7/9/07, 5:30 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

So where's your quote NYC? There's scads of 'em!

 
At 7/9/07, 8:26 PM, Blogger NYC Educator said...

Hey, Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

 
At 7/9/07, 8:58 PM, Blogger jonathan said...

There's a bunch of visuals. I like the one that went with "the $h!t's going to hit the fan"

 
At 7/10/07, 8:32 AM, Blogger Mike in Texas said...

"See the broad to get that booty-wack"

Leg'em down and yak'em dak'em"

 
At 7/10/07, 1:52 PM, Blogger Lady Strathconn said...

Male announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.
Female announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.

 
At 7/10/07, 4:00 PM, Blogger Mister Teacher said...

One of the greatest movies ever...

"All of the passengers had a choice of either fish or chicken."
"Ah, yes, I remember. I had the lasagna."

"Have you ever been thrown down in the mud and then kicked, in the head, with an iron boot? Of course you haven't. No one has. That sort of thing just doesn't happen."

And of course there's the whole dance scene to "Stayin' Alive." Classic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics