A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, September 03, 2007

Movie Madness Monday 81: Air Show edition

Welcome back, all five of you, to Movie Madness Monday. Since this is Labor Day, I am taking it easy.

Still waiting for some feedback on the questions I posed last week. Should MMM change to music lyrics for a while? Got any movies you think I've missed?

So here's this week's edition:


"Where did you see this?"
"Uh, that's classified."
"It's what?"
"It's classified. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you."

"That was some of the best flying I've seen to date - right up to the part where you got killed."

"Too close for missles; I'm switching to guns."

"This is what I call a target rich environment."

"Damn, this kid is good!"


Afterburners on!

****Weekend Update: Howlin' into overdrive into

TOP GUN

Pretty woman. Pretty Man. Big fast planes. Evil Soviets you don't actually have to look at.

Val Milmer looking slightly less like a druggie. Anthony Edwards with hair, akthough that still doesn't save him from dying. Meg Ryan before she was a star.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 9/3/07, 11:28 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Yay! We quote this one ALL the time in my house.

"Hey, Goose, ya big stud!"
"That's me, Honey!"
"Take me to bed or lose me forever!"
"Show me the way home, Honey!"

 
At 9/3/07, 12:15 PM, Blogger r said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9/3/07, 2:22 PM, Blogger Mrs. Bluebird said...

Having seen this movie a zillion times, I finally know one of your Movie Madness Answers!!

"Take me to bed or lose me forever!"

and another classic

"They were abused as children."

 
At 9/3/07, 3:15 PM, Blogger leesepea said...

Oh, I love this one!

"That's a negative, Ghost Rider. The pattern is full."

"I'm not gonna sit here and blow sunshine up your ass, Lieutenant."

"She's lost that lovin' feeling."
"She's lo.... No, she hasn't!"
"Yes she has."
"She's not lost that lo..."
"Goose, she's lost it, man."
"Come on! Aw, shit. I hate it when she does that!"

Slider is playing with a paper airplane, whistling as he makes it crash. "Crashed and burned, huh Mav?"
"Slider," Maverick leans in and sniffs loudly, "You stink."

*Giggle*

 
At 9/3/07, 4:50 PM, Blogger Dan Edwards said...

HEY, a movie I actually recognize here on your Monday Movie thingie......Who knew that Hollywood would someday show something that is, in some circles, politically and morally good ( that being blasting Muslims nee, terrorists out of the sky )

Did you know that the star of this flick has dyslexia ?

 
At 9/3/07, 5:30 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Yep, and also that he's kinda obsessive-compulsive(spelled "nuts.") But still a fun flick!

"Gutsiest move I ever saw, man."

 
At 9/3/07, 5:31 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9/3/07, 7:18 PM, Blogger Mister Teacher said...

YEEEEEHAW!! Jester's dead!!

 
At 9/4/07, 8:25 PM, Blogger Mike in Texas said...

Just a walk in the park, Kazansky

 
At 9/4/07, 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it un-American to admit that I've never seen this movie from start to finish?

 
At 9/4/07, 10:32 PM, Blogger Sam said...

"Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash."

And I can't believe no one has done this one yet:

"I feel the need..."
"...the need for speed!"

 
At 9/5/07, 11:30 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Ms white-- I know, I was getting despondent that no one took the bait. Thanks for saving me from despair.

Thekatiest, you can fix that in just two hours' time.



"No points for second place."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics