A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, February 25, 2008

Movie Madness Monday 104: twinkletoes edition

From the profound to the cheesy, in one fell swoop! Yes, it's Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game, and the wind is blowing me a different direction! Let's see if you can guess this classic!

Put your quotes in the comments section without naming the movie, now!

"I've been thinking about the Domino Effect. Now, if Vietnam falls, does that mean China's next?"

"Just last week, I stole a girl from Jamie, the lifeguard, and he asked her, right in front of me, 'What does he have that I don't?' And she said, 'Two hotels.'"

"Oh, my God. Look at that! Ma, I should have brought my coral shoes. You said I was taking too much!"
"Well, sweetheart, you brought ten pairs."
"But the coral shoes match that dress!"
" This is not a tragedy. A tragedy is three men trapped in a mine, or police dogs used in Birmingham."
"Monks burning themselves in protest."
"Butt out, Baby!"

"Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you."

"Look, spaghetti arms. This is my dance space. This is your dance space."

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 2/25/08, 9:24 AM, Blogger Friar said...

Nobody puts Baby in a corner.

(Too easy, I know, but since there were no others when I typed it I gave in to temptation).

 
At 2/25/08, 5:32 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

I left it there for you!

 
At 2/25/08, 6:53 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog.

 
At 2/25/08, 8:31 PM, Blogger Mrs. T said...

"I haaaaad the time of my life. And I owe it all to you..." (does that count as a quote?)

Now this is definitely a movie with staying power- just recently watched it and still love it after all these years.

 
At 2/25/08, 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you didn't have anything to do with getting that girl in trouble. When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong.

 
At 2/26/08, 5:32 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Feel free to link any of my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics