A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, February 04, 2008

On autopilot....


You know what? Nothin' says lovin' like an evaluation in a plain brown envelope shoved into your mailbox.

For a second, I was afraid it was something disgusting. Instead, it was just monosyllabic. Makes me feel great about the untold hours I have spent pitching in during various crises.

I'm feelin' it! You may say, "Surely she's joking!"

And you know what I say: "I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley."

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2/4/08, 6:24 PM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

How utterly demoralizing. You should print out your leadership post and put it on the faculty room fridge (or, better yet, put it in a plain brown envelope and shove it in your administrator's box! YEAH! THAT'S it!!)...

I love all my brave blogging friends. Right now, there's a post from SaintSeester and one from Heroes Not Zombies on MY staff room fridge! If you don't mind, your leadership one's going up next!!

 
At 2/4/08, 11:59 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

You know, Mrs chili, I like the way you think.

 
At 2/5/08, 3:11 PM, Blogger NYC Educator said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics