A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, March 03, 2008

Movie Madness Monday 105: wart on the face of humanity edition

Howdy there, and welcome to Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game-- the best waste of time for those who have that kind of memory in which you can usually think of some movie tie-in to any situation.

For this week, we won't discuss the people in my life to which this movie could apply. Because then I would just get mad.

"I'm on my knees in a $900 suit!"

"Mr. Reed, one more word out of you, and I will hold you in contempt!"
"I hold MYSELF in contempt! Why should you be any different?"

"Is wrestling real?"
"In the Olympics, yes. On channel 23, no."

"My teacher tells me beauty is on the inside."
"That's just something ugly people say."

"I was hoping after being married to me you'd have no more strength left."
"Well, you have to remember that when we were married, I wasn't having sex nearly as often as you were."


Annd, go!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3/3/08, 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this guy right for you? I mean, he's just so, not me!

Yes, that's one of his best qualities.

 
At 3/5/08, 11:50 AM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Jeez, appqarently no one else has kids who love to watch this movie, or people in their lives who dissemble with regularity.

Here's a hint: the current administration could star in this movie.

"I.....CAN'T.... LIE!!!!!!"

 
At 3/5/08, 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about:
"He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless steaming pile of cow dung, figuratively speaking."

or:
"Oh no... run ITS THE CLAW!"
"NOTHING CAN STOP THE CLAWWWW!"

Love this movie - thanks for reminding me about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics