A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Oooh! A literary meme!

Andrea of Andrea's Buzzing About... hath tagged me with a meme about books, and you know I'm a sucker for books, a fanatic, even, so here goes.

The rules are as follows:

Go to page 123 of the nearest book.
Find the 5th sentence.
Write down the next 3 sentences.

So, I have been re-reading the Tuesday Next series by Jasper Fforde, whose imagination I greatly admire, and so here is a selection from page 123 of Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde. Now if someone can tell me where my copy of Something Rotten is, so I don't have to go buy a new one so that I can read the latest book (Tursday Next: First Among Sequels,) I would be much obliged.... People moving my stuff really bugs me, honestly....

And it was either this, or a history of the Ecumenical Movement.

"Your father is a washed-out clock jockey. I think you over-estimate his talents-- and his chances. Besides, we've got the summer of 1947 locked down so tight not even a transtemporal gnat could get back there without us knowing about it."

So I am going to tag anyone who wants to play, because I really like being turned on to new books. But leave a comment to let me know you played along. I will leave a link here if you say you played.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics