A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, July 21, 2008

Movie Madness Monday 123: David Hyde Pierce in hiding edition

MMM continues its summer vacation mode with this little gem-- not my usual fare, I admit, but this contained so many wonderful actors and combined humor and action in a fresh way. Its sequel is blasting off this summer, so I thought we could dust this one off. So put your quotes in the comments section. And if you haven't seen this one, hie ye to Netflicks!


"Remind me why I do this again."
"Rotten eggs and the safety of mankind."
"Ah!"

"Second date-- no tongues!"

"Hey Myers, you're a talker. What's a good word, a solid word for 'need?'"
"Well, 'need' is a good, solid word."
"Nah. Too needy."

"I have a question. Why is it, in these pictures, pictures of aliens, UFOs, the yeti, Hellboy, why is it they're always out of focus?"

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails. There are things that go bump in the night, Agent Myers. Make no mistake about that. And we are the ones who bump back."

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7/22/08, 8:43 AM, Blogger Imoen Grace said...

"Aw crap..."
best superhero tagline ever!

 
At 7/22/08, 4:46 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I didn't see this one. I had to Google it. Darn.

 
At 7/26/08, 3:45 PM, Blogger Friar said...

"Cut to the end, will ya? How do I kill it?"

I've thought that in about 80 percent of the committee meetings I've ever been to.

 
At 8/2/08, 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good short read I must say. Also, nice superhero tagline.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics