A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, July 28, 2008

Movie Madness Monday 124: guess where I am edition

This week's M Cubed covers a remake of a classic, and I'll give you a hint: it was back when we didn't know quite too much about the personal lives of Lindsay Lohan and Dennis Quaid, thankyewverrymuchnowshutup. And later we can talk about the morality of the choices made by the parents in this film.

So put the quotes from the movie in the comments section! And I love Polly Holliday!

"I'll tell you what. I'll make you a little deal. Loser jumps into the lake after the game.
"Excellent."
"Butt naked."
"Even more excellent. Start unzipping Parker. Straight, in diamonds."
"You're good James, but, you're just not good enough. In your honor, a royal flush."

"You know, the way your father described you, I expected a little girl, but you are so grown-up."
"I'll be twelve soon. How old are you? "
"Twenty-six."
"Only fifteen years older than me! How old are you again, Dad?"
"Wow, suddenly you're so interested in math!"

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7/28/08, 9:06 PM, Blogger teachergirl said...

"And I suppose you just expect me to go weak at the knees, and fall into your arms and cry hysterically. And say we'll just figure this whole thing out. A bi-continental relationship with our daughters being raised here and there. And. And, you and I just picking up where we left off and growing old together. And. And. C'mon Nick what do you expect? To live happily ever after?"
"Yes. To all of the above. Except you don't have to cry hysterically."

 
At 7/28/08, 9:06 PM, Blogger teachergirl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics