A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Not really in a jock-ular mood at this point.

Our principal assured us that being a supporter of the teachers at our school was the primary job of a principal.





Hm.





In the paraphrased yet immortal words of Inigo Montoya, "I do not think that word means what the principal THINKS it means."

I do not think it means saying, "We want to treat you like professionals, but...." and then finishing that sentence with anything at all except "you are doing such an outstanding job given all the things that didn't go right at the beginning of the year that the word 'professional' doesn't even begin to cover it."

You know, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Pbbbbbbbttttthhhh.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9/11/08, 5:15 AM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I think there's always a disconnect between what the administration THINKS it's doing and what it's ACTUALLY doing. It's never good. I'm sorry.

 
At 9/11/08, 11:38 PM, Blogger Anonymous said...

Do you work at my school? Because seriously, I could say the same thing at my place. Eeerrghhh... depressing to know it's the same all over.

 
At 9/13/08, 9:19 AM, Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Administrators are animals of a different breed than you and I. Don't ask me what!

 
At 9/13/08, 9:19 AM, Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Or should that be "you and me"? I guess I'll have to ask Mrs. Chili!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics