A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, November 24, 2008

Movie Madness Monday 131: popcorn and toast edition

Juuust in time for Thursday! I am HERE for you. Even if I am bending the rules by going toward the small screen on this one, and making it so easy a child could do it. So put your quotes in the comments section!

"Ours was the first country in the world to make a national holiday to give thanks."
"Isn't he the cutest thing?!"

"Do you know what they want us to do? They want us to write an essay on Stanley Miles!"
"Don't you mean Miles Standish?"
"I can't keep track of all those people!"

"You're holding my hand, Chuck, you sly dog!"

(After singing "Over the River and Through the Wood")
"Well, there's only one thing wrong with that."
"What's that?"
"My grandmother lives in a condominium."

"I went down to buy a turkey tree, and all that they have are things for Christmas!"
"For Christmas? Already?"

"She must think I'm the stupidest person alive."
"I'll hold the ball and you run up and kick it."
"Hold it? Ha! You'll just pull it away and I'll fall flat on my back and kill myself!"



It's on tonight on ABC at 7 pm, and YouTube, if you've forgotten. And shame on you!

****Weekend Update: Good grief! It's a

CHARLIE BROWN THANKSGIVING!


I one actually had a thanksgiving meal on a ping pong table.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11/24/08, 8:45 PM, Blogger -blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11/24/08, 8:49 PM, Blogger cupcake said...

"What's the matter, big brother?"
"Nothing. I was checking the mailbox."
"What did you expect - a turkey card?"

 
At 11/25/08, 5:22 AM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Ooof! THIS sets me back to my childhood - I don't think I've seen this in 20 years!

"I can't cook a Thanksgiving dinner. All I can make is cold cereal and maybe toast."
"That's right. I've seen you make toast."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics