A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Friday, November 28, 2008

One for the files of "Stuff I never thought I'd see"

Going through a stack of homework, because a teacher's work is NEVER done, and I find a student's homework written on the back of a kiddie menu at the restaurant where he works as a host.

Wow-- homework AND a seek-and-find puzzle AND a connect-the-dots chili pepper drawing!

Excellent!!!! I really admire that!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 11/28/08, 8:17 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

Hey! That is really great! What a dedicated student.

Now I have to stop reading blogs and go do MY grading...

 
At 11/28/08, 8:43 AM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

That IS excellent. Points for creativity (and, you know, environmental conservation)!

 
At 11/28/08, 8:54 AM, Blogger NYC Educator said...

That's kind of cool that the kid wants to do your homework so much that he'll do it at work, with whatever resources at hand. Some kids who work can't even get out of bed the next day. I tell them their employers ought to be in jail, and they tell me they work for their uncle.

Oops. But they still ought to be in jail

 
At 11/28/08, 9:24 PM, Blogger Fred said...

At least it wasn't on the back of an arrest report. :)

 
At 11/28/08, 10:07 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

I thought it was pretty cool.

Although, yes, I am concerned about this kid and many of my kids burning the candle at both ends.

I did have a kid one time tell me she couldn't get her homework done because she was locked up....

 
At 11/30/08, 8:25 PM, Blogger Mister Teacher said...

Just think, you get some gradeable work AND some hunger buster ideas!!

Hey, I hope you will submit something to this week's Carnival of Education!!

 
At 12/2/08, 1:50 PM, Blogger glovely said...

everyone is going green.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics