A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, February 09, 2009

Movie Madness Monday 136: Kahn, Korman, and Wilder edition

For this week's M Cubed, please comment carefully. I love this movie, but quotes taken out of context here can be problematic. Doesn't make it any less hilarious, though!



"Hello, handsome, is that a ten-gallon hat or are you just enjoying the show?"

"Where's my froggy?"

"Stampeding cattle."
"That's not much of a crime."
"Through the Vatican?"
"Kinky. Sign here."

"Now, I suppose you're all wondering just what in the heck you're doing out here in the middle of a prairie in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night."
"You bet your ass."
"I'm hip."

"What do you want me to do, sir?"
"I want you to round up every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the west. Take this down: I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists."
"Could you repeat that, sir?"

"How 'bout some more beans, Mr. Taggart?

****Weekend Update: Ride into the sunset on

BLAZING SADDLES!

Mel Brooks and Harvey Korman! Madeleine Kahn and Gene Wilder together again!

Genius! Un-PC genius!!!!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 2/9/09, 8:54 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

"I'm tired..."

Love this movie.

 
At 2/9/09, 1:46 PM, Blogger Jim Connolly said...

"And isn't it a lovely mornin'?"
I watched this movie while in the hospital room with my wife, waiting for our first son to be born. Fond memories!

 
At 2/9/09, 7:02 PM, Blogger Butterfly Angel said...

Love this movie..just can't come up with any quotes at the momemnt!

 
At 2/9/09, 7:49 PM, Blogger Lking4truth said...

ONE:
“Where you headed, cowboy?”

“Nowhere special.”

“Nowhere special; I always wanted to go there.”

“Come on.”


TWO:
"I got it! I know how we can run everyone out of Rock Ridge."

"How?"

"We'll kill the first born male child in every household."

“(after some consideration]) Too Jewish."

 
At 2/10/09, 1:38 PM, Blogger graycie said...

"Velcomen, bienvenue, velcome, come on in!"

and

(blushing) "Awwww -- Mongo straight!"

Haven't thought of this one in years!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics