A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, August 31, 2009

I before E except after "team"

Yes, we got the good news that our staff development will include "team-building" exercises.

Does that mean that the administration will finally join our team? Or let the teachers join theirs?

And who here, besides me, is now thinking about that scene in Mean Girls?

You know, there is no "I" in team. But "ME" is in there if you rearrange the letters. And if you really rearrange the letters, you get "meat."

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9/1/09, 8:50 AM, Blogger Ms Characterized said...

I think the best team building is off campus socializing with adult beverages. But that's just me.

We built a freestanding structure out of gumdrops and spaghetti at a conference this summer.

I wish you the best of luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics