A Shrewdness of Apes

An Okie teacher banished to the Midwest. "Education is not the filling a bucket but the lighting of a fire."-- William Butler Yeats

Monday, March 29, 2010

Movie Madness Monday 148: Love Your Neighbor edition

Welcome to the Holy Week/Passover edition of Movie Madness Monday, the movie quote trivia game. Let's revisit a movie that truly embodies the command to love your neighbor. Put your quotes in the comment section!

"That boy is your company! And if he wants to eat up that tablecloth, you let him, you hear? And if you can't act fit to eat like folks, you can just set here and eat in the kitchen!"

"Neighbors bring food with death, and flowers with sickness, and little things in between."

"I don't know if it will help saying this to you... some men in this world are born to do our unpleasant jobs for us... your father is one of them."

"There's a lot of ugly things in this world, son. I wish I could keep 'em all away from you. That's never possible."

"I'm little but I'm old."

"Good Afternoon Miss Dubose... My, you look like a picture this afternoon."

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 3/29/10, 10:10 PM, Anonymous Rho said...

My favorite- try to see it once a year. Began my love affair with Robert Duvall: To Kill A Mockingbird

 
At 3/29/10, 10:43 PM, Blogger Ms Characterized said...

"Stand up Miss Jean Louise. Your father's passin'."

Love the movie and the book.

 
At 3/30/10, 2:48 PM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

LOVE the book (teach the book every chance I get, in fact). Not so impressed by the movie.

 
At 3/30/10, 9:13 PM, Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

Ms. Chili: <<>>> They are both excellent!

The book is of course better as all books are (especially when it comes to the butchering of my beloved childhood favorite Starship Troopers - don't get me started!), but this was a wonderful adaptation.

 
At 3/30/10, 10:10 PM, Blogger Dan Edwards said...

Go. A capture territory game. Object: capture territory and control it. It is a complicated game; too much for a blog comment. There are books on learning GO; "go for Kids" (or those learning this game), and a number of books with problems, strategies, etc......as many as you might find in Chess, but not all are in English language texts. Do a google search for GO; there are online tutorials, etc. I haven't played in quite awhile. My former local GO player partners have either moved or died.

You can also use GO stones to play a game where winner is first to get five stones in a row. Thats what my Dad used to play with us kids. I inherited his GO stones that he brought back from Asia when he was in the USAF on an island south of Okinawa (Miayko Jima).

 
At 5/28/12, 9:01 AM, Anonymous www.encontactos.com said...

Pretty effective info, thanks for the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free statistics