Monday, October 24, 2011
- Name: "Ms. Cornelius"
- Location: United States
"Get ready for the ride of your life, Will Schuester. You're about to board the Sue Sylvester Express. Destination: HORROR!"
Screeds of yore: What I've babbled about lately
- Selling ad space in the classroom
- Unrestrained greed sows class warfare and unrest
- National Punctuation Day!
- I'm your teacher, not your friend, but this law is...
- That'll be two boxes of kleenex, please.
- There are no words.
- Run for the hills! It's PTO fundraiser time!
- Reprise: New Teacher Advice and Tricks of the Trad...
- Killing Pell Grants to Save Them?
- I like this blog title.
The Soundtrack of My Life -- Right Now
What's On the Bookshelf? (And stacked on the floor, and in the loo, and next to my bed, and in my backpack....)
- "Read-ity read read read."-- The Ramblin' Educat
- "Personally, I think for democracy to exist, opposition is key. History seems to bear that out. One sign you're doing a good job is when the only argument the extablishment can muster is "shut up" and variations on that theme.-- NYC Educator
- "The only thing worse than having no taste is having no shame."-- via Mamacita
- "The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a Courthouse is because you cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal, Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery & Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment."-- Molly Ivins (via Mike in Texas!)
- "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."-- Dean Wormer, Animal House
- "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts."-- John Steinbeck
- Hound Dog, by Elvis Presley
- Political Science, by Randy Newman
- We Are the True Americans, by Christine Lavin
- Born in the USA, by Bruce Springsteen
- Hard Times, by eastmountainsouth
- Blow "Em Away, by Chuck Brodsky
- Rock the Casbah, by the Clash
- War, by Edwin Starr
- Through Being Cool, by DEVO
- Not Ready to Make Nice, by the Dixie Chicks
- Superstition, by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
- American Idiot, by Green Day
- Justice Tonight/Kick It Over, by the Clash
- These Days, by Fountains of Wayne
- These 3 Sins, by Gomez
- Bought and Sold, by Dar Williams
- Houses in the Fields, by John Gorka
- Perfect World, by Indigo Girls
- Running on Empty, by Jackson Browne
- Unforgiven, by the Go-Go's Click Here for the
My iTunes Playlist: End of the Bush Nightmare
Cliché of the Day! My Ecosystem Details
What're YOU lookin' at?